1. Get started with a free LinkWare Live account
Go to https://www.LinkWareLive.com/signin, then tap New user? Sign up now! in the lower-left corner of the Sign In screen.
Note: If the LinkWare Live web page does not show, copy and paste the URL into a new tab in your browser.
For general information about LinkWare Live, visit the LinkWare Live product page at http://www.flukenetworks.com/linkwarelive.
2. Add Internal Users to your account
Invite people from your organization to add to projects as Internal Users. Internal Users can have more privileges than External Users. You can add External Users later when you set up projects.
- Tap INTERNAL USERS, then tap ADD USER.
- Enter the person’s email address.
- Select a Role for the team member and give them Administrative Privileges if appropriate.
- Tap INVITE USER. LinkWare Live sends an invitation to the person’s email address.
When a new user accepts the invitation by clicking on the link in the email or signing up for a LinkWare Live account, their role changes from Pending Activation to the role you selected for them.
If the user you invite already has a LinkWare Live account, they are added to your project with the role you selected.
What can team members do in my projects?
3. Add a project
Note: Most project setup functions are available only on a tablet or PC.
When you add a new project, LinkWare Live guides you through the steps needed for a New Project Setup. First, add the project:
- On the PROJECTS tab, tap NEW PROJECT.
- In the New Project dialog, enter information for the project, then tap ADD NEW PROJECT.
Note: If you want your team members to see the project on their testers, make sure the Status is set to Active.
4. Add a test setup
Next in the New Project Setup sequence, add a test setup to your project:
Note: If you are not ready to add a test setup to your project, tap SKIP AND ADD LATER. You can add test setups at any time on the TEST SETUPS tab.
- Tap the Media box, then select Copper or Fiber, or select a Recently used setup to use or modify.
- Select other settings for the test, then tap NEXT.
Later, you can use the NEW TEST SETUP function on the TEST SETUP tab to add more test setups to your project if necessary. Also on the TEST SETUP tab, you can also assign the test setup to subprojects.
5. Add cable ID sets and subprojects for the test setup
In the Add New Cable IDs step, you can add cable IDs to the main project and to subprojects. The IDs are associated with the test setup you created in the previous step.
Note: If you are not ready to add cable IDs to your project, tap SKIP AND ADD LATER. You can add cable IDs at any time on the RESULTS tab.
- Select the main project or a subproject for your IDs:
- To add your list to the main project, tap NEXT.
- To add your ID list to a subproject, tap ADD SUBPROJECT.
Enter information for the subproject in the New SubProject window, tap ADD SUBPROJECT, then select the subproject in the SubProject dropdown box.
- Select and set up the type of IDs to add:
- Sequential Cable IDs: Enter a First ID and Last ID to create a list of sequential IDs.
- Custom Cable IDs: To add non-sequential IDs, or to create a list of non-sequential IDs, use the Enter Individual function. To add sequential IDs, use the Enter Sequence function to enter a First ID and Last ID.
- Import Cable IDs: You can create an ID list in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, then import the .XLSX or .CSV file into your project.
- When you finish setting up your IDs, tap NEXT.
6. Add team members to collaborate on projects
Project collaboration lets you invite people to work with you as team members on your LinkWare Live projects. You give team members roles that let them do some or all of the tasks that you can do in projects.
You can add team members from your list of Internal Users, and you can invite people from outside of your organization to be on the project or subproject team. Team members who are outside of your organization are External Users.
Note: At the project level, you can add project Managers. You can add team members with other roles only to subprojects.
- To add a project Manager, tap TEAM MEMBERS, tap Add new, select users from the list, then tap ADD TEAM MEMBER. LinkWare Live sends an invitation to the user’s email address.
- To add other team members to subprojects, tap TEAM MEMBERS, then tap ADD TO TEAM for a subproject.
- In the Invite Users dialog:
- To add Internal Users: Tap Internal Users. Tap users to add, then tap ADD TEAM MEMBER. LinkWare Live sends an invitation to the user’s email address.
- To add External Users: Tap External User, then enter the user's email address. Select a Role for the user, then tap ADD TEAM MEMBER. LinkWare Live sends an invitation to the user’s email address. When they accept the invitation by clicking on the link in the email or signing up for a LinkWare Live account, you receive an email, and their name and Role show in the subproject.
What can team members do in my projects?
How do I invite users to collaborate on projects?
7. Sync a tester to LinkWare Live
When you sync a tester to LinkWare Live, the tester uploads the projects you select to LinkWare Live and downloads new test setups and cable IDs, if available, for the projects you select on the tester.
Note: Testers must have software version 3.0 or higher to sync with LinkWare Live.
Article is closed for comments.