Subprojects help you organize your project into sections. For example:
- Buildings or floors in buildings
- Network application, for example workstations or security cameras
- Media type (copper or fiber cable)
- Project phase
You can also use subprojects to divide a project among team members. This lets you assign sections of a cabling installation to the team members of your choice. For example, if your team includes technicians who are contractors, you can make a subproject for their work and invite them to the subproject as External Users. Those users can then see and download only the test setups and cable IDs for their work, and they can upload results only to their subproject.
- The project name and each subproject name show on the tester as Project Name>>Subproject Name with the tester's limit of 30 characters, including the symbol ">>". When your project and subproject names have 29 characters together, you cannot enter more characters for the project or subproject name.
- You cannot create subprojects on the tester. If you use the format Project Name>>Subproject Name to enter names on the tester, then sync the project to LinkWare Live, LinkWare Live will use all of the names as the project name.