Automatic update through LinkWare™ Live
When you use a tester to sign in to LinkWare Live, LinkWare Live automatically tells you if new software is available for the tester. To install the software, tap YES on the tester.
To use an updated tester to install the update in a remote or another main tester
- Use the USB cable provided to connect the Type A USB port of the updated main tester to the Micro-AB USB port other tester.
- Wait until a message appears that shows the software versions in the two testers, then follow the instructions in the message.
Use a PC to update the software
- Make sure you have the latest version of LinkWare PC installed on your PC. You can get the latest version from the Fluke Networks website at www.flukenetworks.com/support/downloads.
- Get the update file for your product from the Fluke Networks website at www.flukenetworks.com/support/downloads.
- Start LinkWare PC software on your PC.
- To make sure the tester does not turn off before the update is completed, connect the AC adapter to the tester.
- Use the Micro USB cable provided with the tester to connect the tester to your PC.
- In LinkWare PC, click Utilities > (product name) > Software Update.
- Locate the product software update file you downloaded, then click Open.
- When LinkWare PC shows the message Starting update..., it is ok to disconnect the USB cable.
- If you have a remote tester, do steps 4 through 7 for the remote tester.