You can use a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel to create cable ID sets, then import them into LinkWare Live. You can also export ID sets from LinkWare Live to a spreadsheet.
Note: These features are available only on a tablet or PC.
Each project can have a maximum of 5000 cable IDs.
To put IDs in the spreadsheet
- Put all of the IDs in the first column.
- Make sure there’s a blank row after the last ID.
- Make sure there are no blank rows before the last ID. If there are, LinkWare Live imports only the IDs above the blank row.
- Make sure the list has no IDs that are already in the project. LinkWare Live will not import lists that have duplicate IDs. Also, make sure there are no duplicate IDs within list.
- Save the file as a Microsoft Excel .XLSX file or as a .CSV file.
Here is an example of a list in spreadsheet:
- Projects that have more than 20 cable ID sets can be downloaded only to testers that have software version 4.3 or later. Older versions will cause the synchronization with LinkWare Live to fail.
- Microsoft Excel has an auto-increment function that helps you enter a series of numbers without having to type each one. For details, see the online help for Excel.
- On the PROJECTS tab, tap the project you want to receive the IDs.
- In the project, tap TEST SETUPS.
- Make sure the project includes the test setups you will use with the cable IDs. If it does not, tap NEW TEST SETUP to create them. If your project has no test setups, you will not be able to import IDs.
- On the RESULTS tab, tap IMPORT CABLE IDs.
- On the Import Cable IDs page, select the test setup and subproject (optional) where you want to use the ID set.
- Tap Choose File, then select the spreadsheet that has the cable ID list.
- Tap IMPORT. The list of IDs shows on the RESULTS tab, along with the MEDIA, TEST type, and TEST LIMIT from the test setup you selected.
- IDs from imported lists show separately on the RESULTS tab, even if the IDs are sequential.
- To import IDs for multiple tests, create multiple spreadsheets then import them individually to each test.
You can export cable IDs to a spreadsheet to import them to other projects or use them in other applications. LinkWare Live exports the all the IDs in the project, along with the cable type for each ID, to a comma-separated value (CSV) file. You can open the file in spreadsheet applications, word processors, and other applications.
To export cable IDs
- On the Projects tab, tap the project that includes the IDs you want to export.
- Tap RESULTS.
- On the RESULTS tab, tap EXPORT CABLE IDs. LinkWare Live saves a CSV file in your Downloads folder, or wherever you save downloaded files.